Glass Plate Negative - Bakery Dept. - The Fair, Chicago, IL May 18, 1912
The Fair Store was founded in 1874 in Chicago by Ernest J. Lehmann. It promoted itself as a discount department store and, by 1897 was housed in a 12 story building on State and Adams St in Chicago. The small chain was purchased by S.S. Kresge in 1925 and Montgomery Ward in 1957.
|Object Name||Negative, Glass-plate|
|Photographer||NCR Photo Department|
|Copyright||Copyright NCR Corporation, all rights reserved|
|Credit line||The NCR Archive at Dayton History|